22.5.12

holland food diary


Best. Food. Ever.
I am obsessed with Dutch food. I may be a little biased though since I've grown up with it, but still everything that we ate was amazing! From stroop waffles to raisin buns with Gouda there was a lot of stuffing our bellies! 







all images are our own

One of my favourite things (literally had one every day..) is something called a koffie verkeerd, which is basically like a latte - but something about it just tasted so much better than a normal latte! I also think I had a croquette almost every day, which is something that is hard to explain, but if you ever get a chance to taste one, please give it a chance, you won't be disappointed! With a side of fries and mayo for dipping it can make for one of the best meals ever, period. Another big thing there are pancake houses, which we stopped in one night for dinner. The apple and spek (bacon) pancake was amazing! When topped with stroop, a thick syrup, it's heavenly! I could go on and on about all of the amazing, wonderful, extraordinary things we had, but then we would be here all night! Let's just say it was a good thing we walked a lot!

aspire to inspire,